These pages describe most of things I've found while sitting with my Newton and Hammer. For those wondering why anyone would treat Newton with a hammer: Hammer is low level Newton debugger.
On these pages I try to describe internal working of Newton's software. Currently I have found how most of things in "High Level Store" work. Just few things are missing. Soon I'll publish all tools I've written so far, including:
- Store decoder, which can show soups in store and dump content of any soup entry
Following tools are ready to get in "Downloads" section:
- Package store decomposer - splits package into individual objects
- Flash store decomposer - splits Flash dump into individual objects
- LZ Compressor/decompressor - implementation of LZStoreDecompressor algoritms
- AIF to ELF ROM image conversion toolkit
- ROM extension ("high rom image") splitter
Currently I'm just browsing through ROM image with Hammer and custom written tools for processing disassembled image. I plan to eventually do following:
- Create UML models for C++ classes contained in ROM
- Roughly describe what most important of them do
In meantime I started work on Newton Revenge. For a start I'm documenting Newton debug protocol, and write my own tools to interface with it.